Awards for Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion
The American Alliance of Museums’ Awards for Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion honor and celebrate individuals, organizations, and/or programs advancing the museum field in these areas, either internally through workplace programs and policies or externally with museum audiences and communities.
One award for individuals and one award for organizations (including museums and museum service organizations, as well as affiliate and ally organizations) may be presented each year to those who have accomplished the following in the workplace, the community, and/or the museum field:
- Demonstrated sustained support for advancing diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion,
- Raised awareness of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion, and/or
- Served as a change catalyst for change in the areas of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion
One award may also be presented for a single program or policy in any area of a museum’s structure (including administration, collections, exhibitions, education, public relations, etc.) that advances diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion.
Nominations for the American Alliance of Museums’ Awards for Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion may be made by any individual working in or for museums. Individuals cannot self-nominate for the individual award. Museums of all types and sizes are eligible for awards, as are museum service organizations, affiliates, and ally organizations.
A complete nomination packet includes:
- Cover sheet, indicating award type (individual, institution, or program), with nominee and nominator contact information
- Brief (approximately 500 word) narrative description of the work and impact of the nominated individual, institution, or program
- Relevant materials (e.g., newspaper article, letter of support, testimonial) that support the nomination
Email the application in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
American Alliance of Museums
Attn: AAM Awards for Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion
2451 Crystal Drive, Suite 1005
Arlington, VA 22202
Questions can be addressed to email@example.com.