How to Enter Pub Comp
- $60 per entry for Alliance Tier 2 and 3 museum members
- $85 per entry for all other entrants
- You must pay a fee for each publication entered
You may only submit a series of materials (e.g., a multi-volume set of books) as one entry if each individual component has clear and recognizable graphic similarities to the others and cannot be accurately judged alone.
Otherwise, you must enter just one component of the series or enter multiple components as separate entries. For example, you cannot enter a book, poster and invitation for the same exhibition as a series. However, you can enter three invitations with the same design but different information as a series.
If you submit multiple entries, prepare one check for the entire amount.
Please note: Only Alliance Tier 2 and 3 museum members qualify for the discounted rate. Individual members do not qualify for the reduced rate.
- The Alliance is not responsible for lost or damaged entries.
- All entries become the property of the Alliance and will not be returned.
- Entrants agree to allow the Alliance to use photographs of winning entries, at no charge, as illustrations in Alliance publications.
- Entrants warrant that they have the right to allow such use by the Alliance.
- Institutions will be credited for any published use of winning entries.
For more information on rules and procedures, call 202-289-1818 and ask for Pub Comp information or e-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your institution's membership status, login and view your member profile or call 202-289-1818.
Please follow these directions carefully. Improperly prepared entries may be disqualified.
Step 1: Prepare Your Entries
- Remove any cellophane or similar protective wrapping from your entry
- Affix one entry form to each submission using either staples or tape. Do not use paper clips
Step 2: Complete the payment form
- Please pay careful attention to instructions regarding membership status
- Use a credit card or check for the total amount of your entry fee(s) made payable to Alliance Museum Publications Design Competition
Step 3: Mail your complete submission
- Send the entries with forms attached and completed payment form, postmarked on or before June 19, 2015 to:
2014 Alliance Museum Publications Design Competition
American Alliance of Museums
1575 Eye St. NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20005
Please note: Incomplete submissions may be disqualified from the competition.
Only winners will be notified. A feature about this year's competition will be printed in Museum magazine, and a complete list of winners will appear on our website. Winners will receive, by mail, two award certificates for each winning entry.