How to Apply for the 2017 Publication Competition
- $60 per entry for Alliance Tier 2 and 3 museum members
- $85 per entry for all other entrants
- You must pay a fee for each publication entered
You may only submit a series of materials (e.g., a multi-volume set of books) as one entry if each individual component has clear and recognizable graphic similarities to the others and cannot be accurately judged alone.
Otherwise, you must enter just one component of the series or enter multiple components as separate entries. For example, you cannot enter a book, poster and invitation for the same exhibition as a series. However, you can enter three invitations with the same design but different information as a series.
If you submit multiple entries, please submit total payment. If you are submitting an entry for a Digital Exhibition Catalogue please provide the URL on the entry form.
Please note: Only Alliance Tier 2 and 3 museum members qualify for the discounted entry fee. Individual members do not qualify for the Tier 2 and 3 museum member rate.
- The Alliance is not responsible for lost or damaged entries.
- All entries become the property of the Alliance and will not be returned.
- Entrants agree to allow the Alliance to use photographs of winning entries, at no charge, as illustrations in Alliance publications.
- Entrants warrant that they have the right to allow such use by the Alliance.
- Institutions will be credited for any published use of winning entries.
For more information on rules and procedures, call 202-289-1818 and ask for Pub Comp information or e-mail your questions to email@example.com.
For your institution's membership status, login and view your member profile or call 202-289-1818.
Please follow these directions carefully. Improperly prepared entries may be disqualified. Entries must be postmarked by June 16, 2017.
Step 1: Create Online Entry
- If you do not have an AAM online account, you must create one in order to login. If you do not have an account create one here.
- Fill out the online submission form
- Print the email confirming your entry and use it for the entry form.
- If you submit multiple entries at the same time, they will all be referenced on your confirmation email—just attach appropriate section of the email to each entry.
Step 2: Prepare Your Entries
- Remove any cellophane or similar protective wrapping from your entry.
- Affix one entry form to each submission using a paper clip.
Step 3: Mail your complete submission
- Send the entries with form attached, postmarked on or before June 16, 2017 to:
2017 Alliance Museum Publications Design Competition
American Alliance of Museums
2451 Crystal Drive #1005
Arlington, VA 22202
Please note: Incomplete submissions may be disqualified from the competition.
Only winners will be notified. A complete list of winners will appear on the AAM website in November 2017. Winners will receive, by mail, two award certificates for each winning entry.