The Sustainability Excellence Award (SEA)
The Alliance and PIC Green invite you to submit your museum as a model for environmental sustainability. The purpose of this recognition program is to educate, facilitate and encourage green practice and to acknowledge and celebrate leaders in environmental sustainability. SEA winners will be celebrated at the AAM Annual Meeting in Seattle (May 18–21) and on the Alliance’s website.
Eligibility and Policies
- All museums of any size or type are encouraged to submit, membership to the Alliance is not required.
- Projects must reflect a significant change in policies or approaches, resource use or environmental impact.
- An entry can be submitted in only one category.
- There is no requisite time frame within which the project must have occurred or showed results to be eligible.
- Submissions become property of the Alliance and may use without limitations all submitted material for the website, Museum magazine, social media, Alliance webinars and podcasts.
- Submission deadline is 5 p.m., March 15 (PT)
- Entry Fee (Please note that no entries will be considered for review until the fee has been paid):
- Tier 2 and Tier 3 museum members: $35
- Tier 1 and non-members: $50
- Projects submitted in previous years may not be resubmitted unless there have been significant changes in project results.