Areas for Support
Greatest Needs Fund
Through the generosity of friends and supporters, the American Alliance of Museums provides the latest in trends and issues affecting museums and museum professionals. Each dollar donated directly benefits education, research and advocacy, helping us meet our goal of advancing museums.
As a nonprofit organization, charitable donations ensure the Alliance has the greatest flexibility to be responsive to emerging issues (e.g., Direct Care Task Force) and critical needs (e.g., Annual Meeting Fellowships). Earnings from membership cover only about 40% of annual operating expenses.
Center for the Future of Museums
Help us keep an eye on the future. The Center for the Future of Museums (CFM) helps museums shape a better tomorrow by exploring cultural, political and economic challenges. Donations help support:
- Publication and free distribution of Dispatches from the Future and TrendsWatch
- In-depth reports that explore issues such as demographic changes and the future of education
- Convening leadership from other sectors to help inform and explore ideas and innovation in museum practice
Speak Up for Museums Fund
Help us champion the value of museums. The Alliance is committed to advocating on behalf of the entire museum community here in our nation’s capital and across the country. Donations help support:
- organizing and convening Museums Advocacy Day in Washington, D.C.
- offering extensive advocacy training online and at regional and state meetings
- maintaining advocacy alerts and legislator contact information
- working collaboratively with our partners in the field to address issues and concerns in Congress and with federal agencies