Museums Advocacy Day
Save the Date!
Museums Advocacy Day 2015
Museums Advocacy Day 2014 By the Numbers
- More than 300 advocates gathered in Washington, D.C. on Feb. 24–25
- Advocates visited 335 Congressional offices in all 50 states
- Over 1,100 #museumsadvocacy tweets
- Two Great American Museum Advocates
- Hundreds of letters sent to Congress
- Six congressional champions
Museums Advocacy Day is made possible through the support and participation of museum service organizations, graduate programs, museums, individuals and corporate supporters. See the 2015 support levels and benefits
Museums Advocacy Day would not be possible without broad, field-wide support.
You don't have to be in Washington, D.C. to make the case for museums. Museums Advocacy Day is a national effort to share the message that museums are essential.
Use our advocacy tools to get involved today. See photos from Museums Advocacy Day 2014, follow our advocacy efforts on Facebook and Twitter with #museumsadvocacy and send a letter to Congress in support of IMLS funding, protecting the charitable deduction or about museums role in education.