Museums Advocacy Day
Museums Advocacy Day (Feb. 22-23, 2016) is a unique and powerful opportunity to network with colleagues and join with museum advocates from around the country to bring a united message directly to Capitol Hill.
Museums Advocacy Day 2015 Recap
Museums Advocacy Day would not be possible without broad, field-wide support.
Museums Advocacy Day 2015 resulted in:
- More than 250 advocates in Washington, D.C. on Feb. 23–24
- 350 Congressional offices visited in all 50 states
- Over 1,873 #museumsadvocacy tweets
- Two powerful Great American Museum Advocates
- Over 40 national, state and regional partners
- Five federal agencies provided information about their priorities and activities
- Multiple radio, print and television stories
- Six congressional champions
- Twelve updated Issue Briefs
- One mobile app
Join the Cause: Advocate from Anywhere
It's always a good time to get involved in advocacy for your museum. Use our How To guide to invite your legislators to meet locally. Use our templates to send a letter to Congress in support of IMLS funding, protecting the charitable deduction or about museums role in education. Follow, post and share #museumsadvocacy on Facebook and Twitter.
See the Museums Advocacy Day 2015 photos and the 2015 Advocate Materials.