Advocacy Alert: Feb. 21
5 Easy Ways to Participate in Museums Advocacy Day
Help Make the Case that Museums Are Essential
On Monday, Feb. 25 and Tuesday, Feb. 26 nearly 300 museum advocates—museum professionals, trustees, students and supporters—are gathering in Washington, D.C., for the fifth annual Museums Advocacy Day.
We invite you to join us:
- Join the FREE Virtual Conference to participate in a nationwide conversation about advocating for museums, and get the issue briefings and political updates in real time.
- Meet with elected officials in your home town, using our step-by-step How To Guide.
- Email Congress—let your legislators know you expect their support of IMLS funding and other important issues. We provide the templates you can personalize and send electronically.
- Use the Publicity Toolkit to work with the media to make your case.
- Connect with your legislators over social media.
Tweeting during Museums Advocacy Day? Use #museumsadvocacy and join the conversation!
“During this intense time of budget cutting and legislative impasses, museums must join together and be heard,” said Alliance President Ford W. Bell. “This year we are offering several ways to participate—virtually—in Museums Advocacy Day 2013 and I hope every museum will get involved.”
Let us know your plans for participating in Museums Advocacy Day 2013 and we hope to “see” you there!