Emerging Innovators Forum
Tuesday, April 28, 3:15–5:15 p.m.
In collaboration with the Committee on Museum Professional Training (COMPT) a Professional Network of the American Alliance of Museums.
Proposals are now being accepted for Emerging Innovators Forum, a showcase of museum exhibition and programming ideas at the 2015 AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo. This program is designed to provide an opportunity for current graduate students or emerging professionals with less than three years working in the field to present:
- Exhibition design models and related exhibition interpretation panels
- Education and interpretation programs
- Interactive media projects (website, film, video, animation, games)
Graphic and publication design projects
- Other professional portfolio materials (as appropriate to this event)
After participating in this program, emerging innovators will be better able to:
- Showcase individual creativity and innovation
- Gain visibility and build professional presence in a public forum
- Present ideas that might inform new avenues of thinking about museum practice
- Receive invaluable feedback from colleagues in the field
- Build career development and networking opportunities
After participating in this program, attendees will be better able to:
- Exchange ideas and information that may inform future museum practice
- Explore innovative ideas that may be replicated in a range of museum settings
- Network with emerging museum talent
Guidelines for Submission of Proposals:
- Please complete the application form and submit it by March 13, 2015.
- Participation in this program will be based on vetting by Alliance staff and COMPT leadership in order to ensure that participant projects and represent a range of topic areas (exhibits, education, media, etc.)
- Participants will be accepted on a space-available basis. Notifications will be sent March 20, 2015.
- Participants in this program must be registered for the conference, and are not considered “presenters” for registration purposes.
- This program is not intended for independent contractors promoting products or services.