Ways to Save
The Alliance offers many ways to save in order for attendees to come to the Annual Meeting.
Volunteer and Attend One Day Free
Volunteers are needed to make AAM’s Annual Meeting successful! Volunteers must be local to the Puget Sound Region and able to commit to a 4-hour shift and attendance at the volunteer orientation meeting. You will earn one free day pass to the convention for every shift worked. E-mail the volunteer coordinator for more information.
Get Your Boss to Say Yes
Museums are feeling the pressure of budget cuts to travel and training programs. Below you'll find resources to help you get the green light to join us in Seattle.
- U.S. General Services Administration per diem rates for Seattle (for help building a budget)
5 Tips to Justify Your Trip
- Focus on what you will bring back to the organization as return for the investment.
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation and Q&A to your colleagues to share what you learned. That way, others in your organization benefit from your attendance too.
- Share the on-site program and speaker handouts with your colleagues. As an attendee, you have unlimited access to materials posted by speakers.
- Be ready with a plan showing who will cover for you while you are attending the conference.
- Share with your boss all the ways to save.