Ways to Save
The Alliance offers many ways to save to help you attend the Annual Meeting on a budget.
- Reduce your hotel expenses by finding a roommate
- Register early to receive discounted registration rates based on membership and tiered deadlines
- Research the various affordable transportation options and discounts
- Apply for Fellowships available to international or domestic attendees
Volunteer and Save!
Volunteering is a great way to earn a discounted one-day pass! Nearly 400 conference volunteers staff hospitality stations, monitor sessions, provide logistic support for events and serve as ambassadors to conference attendees. Volunteers must be from the DC Metro area, be available for a pre-conference orientation and commit to a four-hour volunteer shift. Volunteer registration will open in January, but you can e-mail us to indicate your interest in volunteering and receive notification once registration has opened.
Get Your Boss to Say Yes
Museums are feeling the pressure of budget cuts to travel and training programs. Below you'll find resources to help you get the green light to join us in Washington, DC.
5 Tips to Justify Your Trip
- Focus on what you will bring back to the organization as return for the investment.
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation and Q&A to your colleagues to share what you learned. This allows others in your organization to benefit from your experience.
- Share the on-site program and speaker handouts with your colleagues. As an attendee, you have unlimited access to materials posted by speakers.
- Prepare a plan showing who will cover your responsibilities while you are attending the conference.
- Share with your boss all the ways to save.