Post-Election Town Hall
Friday, Nov. 16
3 p.m. (ET)
Join Alliance members from across the country for a discussion and analysis of the 2012 election results and what they mean for museums. Topics to be addressed include:
- What’s at stake for museums as the lame duck Congress tries to prevent huge automatic tax hikes and spending cuts?
- How does the leadership in Washington impact the museum field’s public policy priorities like charitable giving tax incentives, education reform and key agency funding?
- What does the election tell us about the current political climate? How should museums refocus their advocacy efforts in that climate?
- How did the 2012 election change the legislative landscape at the state level?
- Post-election, how can you build relationships with new and returning members of Congress?
Alliance President Ford W. Bell and Senior Director of Government Relations and Advocacy Gail Ravnitzky Silberglied will provide an overview of the election results and their impact as well as take your questions on issues important to you.
You will receive a registration confirmation email within 24 hours. Instructions for accessing the meeting will be sent via email closer to the live event.
Cancellation requests for Alliance programs must be received in writing no later than one week prior to the event date to receive a full refund of your registration fees. Refund requests will not be accepted after that date. The Alliance reserves the right to cancel any program at any time, for any reason. In the event of a program cancellation by the Alliance, attendees will receive a full refund of their registration fees. For face-to-face programs, the Alliance is not responsible for any travel or hotel expenses incurred as a result of your participation or cancellation of an event.