Collections Assessment for Small Museums
Wednesday, June 25
2–3:30 p.m. (ET)
Join colleagues with a range of experience working with small museums in a practical, focused discussion on issues related to assessing collections, including object assessment and condition reporting, storage and housing, environmental conditions and exhibition/display.
We’ll explore key questions to ask when assessing collections and offer suggestions for immediate, intermediate and longer-range solutions and action steps. Additional resources will be provided.
How Will I Benefit?
By participating in this program, attendees will be better able to:
- Take stock of collections
- Assess the condition of objects in a range of environments
- Take positive action to resolve collections-related issues
Who Should Attend
Staff and volunteers working in collections-related positions in small museums.
- Samantha Dorsey, curator, City of Bowie Museums, Bowie, Maryland
- Ellen Endslow, director of collections/curator, Chester County Historical Society (and CurCom chair), West Chester, Pennsylvania
- Alan Rowe, coordinator, local history services, Indiana Historical Society, Indianapolis
- Greg Stevens, assistant director, professional development, American Alliance of Museums, Washington, DC
- Adam La Faci, senior producer, LearningTimes
Registered participants receive access instructions 48 hours prior to live event.
Cancellation requests for Alliance professional development programs must be received in writing no later than one week prior to the event date to receive a full refund of your registration fees. Refund requests will not be accepted after that date. The Alliance reserves the right to cancel any program at any time, for any reason. In the event of a program cancellation by the Alliance, attendees will receive a full refund of their registration fees. For face-to-face programs, the Alliance is not responsible for any travel or hotel expenses incurred as a result of your participation or cancellation of an event.