Involving Your Community in Strategic Planning
Wednesday, July 30
2–3:30 p.m. (ET)
Strategic planning is a complex and deliberate process that museums must engage in to ensure their success and sustainability. More important than the final product of institutional planning is the stakeholder participation throughout the process that stands behind it.
Join us in this 90-minute webinar as we discuss case studies, practical tools and methods for taking your museum beyond surveys and guesswork to engaging external stakeholders in your museum’s future, a significant role in a process for which they are the intended beneficiaries.
How Will I Benefit?
By participating in this program, attendees will be better able to:
- Identify key audiences and communities within their museum’s scope of service
- Engage external stakeholders in with their museum’s mission and strategic plan
- Maintain relationships with audience and community members “beyond the plan”
- Access resources for community engagement and institutional planning
Who Should Attend
- Executive directors, senior staff and trustees
- Staff and leadership from institutions entering the early stages of institutional planning
- Travis Kirspel, accreditation program officer, American Alliance of Museums, Washington, D.C.
- Charlotte Fitz-Daniels, executive director, Greenville Museum of Art, South Carolina.
- Victoria Glazomitsky, special projects manager to the CEO, Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, Massachusetts.
- Greg Stevens, assistant director, professional development, American Alliance of Museums, Washington, DC
- Adam La Faci, senior producer, LearningTimes, New York City.
Registered participants receive access instructions 48 hours prior to live event.
Cancellation requests for Alliance professional development programs must be received in writing no later than one week prior to the event date to receive a full refund of your registration fees. Refund requests will not be accepted after that date. The Alliance reserves the right to cancel any program at any time, for any reason. In the event of a program cancellation by the Alliance, attendees will receive a full refund of their registration fees. For face-to-face programs, the Alliance is not responsible for any travel or hotel expenses incurred as a result of your participation or cancellation of an event.