Indigenous Peoples Museum Network
The Indigenous Peoples Museum Network (formerly Native American and Museum Collaboration Network) highlights issues relevant to museums and Indigenous peoples by promoting and creating engaging and inclusive dialogue in various formats on an international platform. Issues may range from interpreting history and human rights issues to highlighting great regional programs to improving leadership skills and meeting challenges with respect to indigenous peoples in the museum profession.
IPMN endeavors to:
- Increase communication, collaboration and the diffusion of information among museum professionals on issues related to Indigenous peoples and museums.
- Support Indigenous peoples working in museums and museums working with Indigenous peoples.
- Convene annually at the American Alliance of Museums national conference.
- Promote program sessions at AAM.
- Stacey Halfmoon (Caddo), Events Coordinator
Director, Community Outreach and Museum Programs
The American Indian Cultural Center and Museum, Oklahoma City