PIC Green Network
PIC Green is a professional network of the American Alliance of Museums. We are committed to establishing museums as leaders in environmental sustainability, a critical issue that is inextricably tied to mission-fulfillment. PIC Green’s core values include education, collaboration, research and communication. We seek to advance and celebrate environmental stewardship and aspire to help museums be green in every aspect of their operations and programs.
We believe that a museum’s role in the community includes being a conduit for information and building awareness of issues that impact our world today. PIC Green’s focus is to explore and articulate green practices as fundamental underpinnings to all museum missions. Through example-setting and education museums can be green beacons in their communities to catalyze a potential triple net effect encompassing economic, social and environmental issues, internally and externally.
PIC Green strives to:
- Cultivate, engage and grow the PIC Green network to increase organizational and industry-wide impact.
- Develop signature programs to educate, facilitate, and encourage green practices.
- Position museums as leaders in environmental sustainability on a local, regional, national and global level.
- Evolve the organizational structure to integrate and increase effectiveness with AAM.
PIC Green is volunteer committee of AAM members. It has a board and six committees dedicated to sharing information about environmentally sustainable practice. It takes a village to make a difference. Join us and help make the museum village and beyond a much greener place!
- Read descriptions of each committee and see where you can have an impact.
- E-mail the committee co-chairs to find out about volunteer opportunities that fit your schedule and interests.
- Help support our efforts by choosing to be a PIC Green committee member when you join or renew as an AAM member.
Encourage colleagues to pick green too!