The goal of our research program is to provide sound and current data to support the Alliance, its members and the museum field. We conduct and commissions original research about America's museums, collect and synthesizes benchmarking data, monitor external research and collaborate with other organizations on research projects of interest to our members and the field.
We welcome comments and suggestions about research topics to explore and possible collaborations.
Annual Condition of Museums and the Economy Reports
- Economic impact of museums
- Economic performance of museums in a weak economy
- Museum construction and expansion
- Museums and community engagement
- National salary study
- Role and impact of museums in K-12 education